Lynda's Rockin' Heart Ranch Picture Perfect: Winter Contest Week 6
Picture Perfect ~ week 6 ~ winter wonderland
hosted by Heather
I had another photo in mind as I really didn't want to get out in the cold and the snow but the wind wasn't blowing so I bundled up & braved the elements. We got 5-6 inches of snow yesterday. Russ was on the tractor clearing paths for the mares April and Diamond as the area behind the tree row doesn't see much sun and takes forever to defrost, making it difficult to walk over the frozen mud/snow mixture.
My photo is Diamond looking out over her Winter Wonderland -- the pasture covered in a blanket of fresh white snow void of horse tracks as the mares were kept in the corral during the storm.
If you wish, click on the photo to view larger
Photo was enlarged slightly and cropped
Slight adjustments done in Adobe Photoshop Elements 11
Nikon D7000 on automatic and no flash
lens 18-200 mm
Photo taken 2/13/2013
9:40 AM
Texas Panhandle
I see you got what bypassed us. Not one flake in Albuquerque, which is more than fine with me, though other parts of the state got hit. Another foot fell up near Taos. Wonderful shot and I think she is looking out wistfully over all the snow, wishing it was spring. :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://muzenews.ning.com/profiles/blogs/picture-perfect-winter-wonderland-1
Is that Jake in the background in the pasture way out there? Beautiful shot!
ReplyDeleteThat is Little Joe, the buckskin that is Diamond's full brother. Jake, Doc, and Colt are out there too, just not visible in the photo. April is in the ally about to join Diamond, then the girls took off loping across the snow.
Deletethat is such a sweet picture...:) he looks so surprised by it..lol
ReplyDeleteJust enough to cover the dirt and make the plants stand out! Cool!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture, wonderful scenery, Lynda. I love it.
ReplyDeletehttp://diansanctuary.blogspot.com/2013/02/picture-perfect-week-6-winter-wonderland.html
Diamond seems to be wondering who painted the ground while she wasn't looking :-)) Great shot.
ReplyDeleteHere is MY PP ENTRY
great photo!
ReplyDeleteQuite wonderful. Gazing towards that far horizon where new adventures await her.
ReplyDeleteMy entry
She seem to be thinking "what on earth is all that white stuff???"
ReplyDeleteAwesome photo and you had some other great snow photos on your blog yesterday as well!
http://muzenews.ning.com/profiles/blogs/furball-s-picture-perfect-competition-week-6-and-final-winter
Diamond is so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://muzenews.ning.com/profiles/blogs/picture-perfect-week-6-winter-wonderland-4
Empress Celena
I really like this post :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful horse you have there. Her coat is just amazing. And I'm sure she had it on that day, and was probably wondering where her booties were!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting http://muzenews.ning.com/profiles/blogs/picture-perfect-winter-wonderland-5
Harriet
She would have loved booties! The snow kept building up on the bottoms of her hooves, falling off and building up again. She really is a prima donna and a diva.
DeleteDiamond seems to be looking longingly over the range, perhaps planning on making a mess of the snow with her hooves? lol Great shot Lynda, as always
ReplyDeleteoops, forgot my link
ReplyDeletehttp://muzenews.ning.com/profiles/blogs/aussiechick-s-picture-perfect-week-6-winter-wonderland
Such a neat shot. Looks like a
ReplyDeletewell cared for horse.