Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lynda's "YesterYear" for Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect "YesterYear" Theme 

I had an idea of what I wanted as soon as I saw the theme because I was going to a  Ranch Horse Association of America sanctioned show sponsored by West Texas A&M University Stock Horse Team.  We help sponsor this club at the local college, plus I was invited to photograph the event if I wished.  I was even given permission to bring the Navigator into the no parking area next to the arena fence since it is difficult for me to tote everything I needed.  I felt like a real photographer!  

Everything was going great until after a break I was walking back to my photo taking spot and tripped and fell forward.   After I got up I realized I had pulled the muscle even more that I had injured 2 weeks ago when I got bucked off Diamond.  It was not an easy task getting me into the Navigator so Russ could drive me home and then he return the friend that helped me.  It was a bad night but a better today.  At least I can walk some and sit some, last night I couldn't.  Enough of my troubles.  Now for my entry for YesterYear.

A Modern Day Cowboy

Keeping Alive the Traditions and 

Cattle Working Skills

of the Cowboys of YesterYear

Photo taken with a Nikon D7000 18-200 mm lens

Photo editing techniques done with Adobe Photoshop Elemets 11

On the whole I was real pleased with my many photos from yesterday.  Disappointed I had to leave before my friend Dywan showed and mad that was I careless and tripped and re-injured myself. 

To view other entries:

 

YesterYear on Blog Spot

 

Muzenews: Picture Perfect YesterYear

Happy Trails Everyone

1 comment:

  1. Lynda, I look at this photo again and again...
    Fantastic shot and perfect editing.

    ReplyDelete